Monday, February 29, 2016

Raising Money for Pencils of Promise

20% Time is where 20% of class time is dedicated to a student project (has to be problem/solution oriented, but students have total freedom to pick their topic). 
The essential question is "How can I raise money for Pencils of Promise?"
For my 20% Time Project, I have chosen to raise money for an organization called Pencils of Promise, a non profit organization that funds scholarships, builds schools, and trains teachers, by making crafts and selling them to people. I chose this project because a lot of people don't know about this organization even though it is very important. Education is very important and I believe that all students should have access to a good one that can help them live successful lives in the future. My project choice answers the essential question because I am making crafts (such as bracelets, necklaces, pendants) and selling them to people to raise money for Pencils of Promise. At the end of the semester, I will donate all the money I have made to the organization. 
My goal is to raise money for an organization called Pencils of Promise that builds schools in poorer areas where education is not a priority. My goal is to raise at least 200 dollars and hopefully, make a difference.
I will measure my progress how many crafts I have made and sold. 
My plan moving forward is to spend some of my weekend making certain crafts and then selling my products on Monday at school. I also hope to learn more about the organization in the process and get people more aware of it.






7 comments:

  1. i really like your idea of helping unfortunate kids with little education. Its really thoughtful and ill definitely be following along on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds awesome! I love how you thought of something so different that can really benefit other people, especiall the poor. I feel like people don't do this often so its good that you are. Its so thoughtful and I really can't wait for updates!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great 20 time project idea. I think it's great you chose a topic that gives back to the community. It's also nice that you're making pendants and crafts, you must like the arts and crafts. I'd like to see the things you make, i might buy one for the good cause! Can't wait to see your further progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of creating a way to found essentials for learning. The way you're approaching it also raises awareness which is awesome! The only problem is that i dont think you can sell your crafts on campus...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your idea of making crafts to sell and donate the money to a charity you care about! I agree that every child deserves a great education and it is so great that you are helping with a great cause. I would advise you to figure out exactly how much you want to sell each of your crafts for. How do you plan on spreading the word about your crafts?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's really amazing that you chose to do such an impactful project for your 20 Time! These children will appreciate it so much. Let me know if I can help in any way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you've zeroed in a topic you are passionate about. What will you be doing in class on a weekly basis? Where/how will you be selling these items?

    What does this organization do?

    ReplyDelete