Thursday, March 17, 2016

2nd Blog Post: 20 Time

Title: Raising Money for a Great Cause

The purpose of my 20 Time project was to sell bracelets and necklaces that I make from scratch; all the money that I make will be donated to an organization called Pencils of Promise, which basically helps fund scholarships, trains teaches, and builds schools. I have learned  that a lot of people don't donate to this organization because since it was founded in 2008, so not that many people have heard of it. I hope to bring awareness of this organization because I believe education is important. I have learned that I am not very good at making crafts because I have attempted to make two bracelets so far (tutorials on youtube) and none of them have worked. For example, one of the necklaces I tried to make was a pendant out of a hot glue gun, but It didn't work. I am going to attempt again over the weekend. My setbacks were actually making the bracelets because it isn't that easy. I plan to handle them by trying harder and hopefully, I keep learning from each mistake I make. The next steps in my process is to try to hopefully make at least 10 items and sell them to people I know. I can apply what I have learned to the community and school by raising awareness for the important of donating to Pencils of Promise. 

1 comment:

  1. It's really cool that you are actually raising money for your charity, I think it's such a great cause to support. Maybe try making lots of different types of necklaces and bracelets, then when you find one that you're best at making you can reproduce that type the easiest! Don't get discouraged, crafting can be hard!

    ReplyDelete